Introduction: Food poisoning is a very real and common cause of death from food. It’s the leading cause of death from food-borne illness in the United States, and it’s also one of the most serious health concerns you can have. You may be thinking, “What can I do to prevent food poisoning?” But before you can do anything, you need to know what types of foods are safe to eat and how to protect yourself.
What is Food Poisoning.
If you are infected with a food-borne illness, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
• diarrhoea (a.k.a. diarrhea, nausea, vomiting), which is a common side-effect of many food items
• pain in the chest or stomach due to dehydration from vomiting or diarrhea
• abdominal cramps and fever
• muscle aches and weakness
• coma or death from food poisoning
What Types of Foods Can cause Food Poisoning
Food poisoning can be caused by any of the following foods:
• meat or poultry products, such as chicken, pork, beef, lamb, goat, or turkey
• seafood such as shellfish, lobster, crabmeat, or oysters
• dairy products such as milk (including cheese), yogurt, ice cream, and sour cream
• fresh vegetables and fruits, such as lettuce, tomato, eggplant, and watermelon
How Can You Protect Yourself from Food Poisoning
To avoid food poisoning, be sure to:
• wash your hands thoroughly after touching any food
• cook meat or poultry in a low-fat or non-stick cooking pan using extreme care so that no bacteria is transferred to the food
• do not eat raw seafood or vegetables
How to Avoid Food Poisoning.
If you’re going to eat food, be sure to know the different types of food. By knowing what to look for and avoid, you can prevent yourself from getting food poisoning. Here are some examples:
– Raw foods – These are foods that have not been cooked or sanitized in a way that destroys pathogens. They can include vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood, and dairy products.
– Poisonous foods – These are foods that contain harmful compounds like mixtures of metals and toxins. They can include such things as raw eggs, bacteria-laden salads, and even fresh fruits and vegetables.
– Get a Food History before Eating – This is something you should do before every meal in order to make sure you’re eating safe and healthy options. It will also help you determine which foods are safe for you to eat overall.
How to Treat Food Poisoning.
If you experience any of the symptoms of food poisoning, get medical help. If the food was eaten close to your eye, clean the area with soap and water. If you have any other symptoms, see a doctor.
Food poisoning is a condition that can be caused by eating any type of food. There are many ways to avoid getting food poisoning, but it’s important to be aware of the symptoms and treat any injuries if they occur. If you experience any of the symptoms of food poisoning, get medical help. Clean the area that was eaten with soap and water and get help if you have other symptoms.